We are recruiting Experienced Farm Manager to work on our commercial broiler, breeder, and laying site based in different locations in South West Area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the farm sites and its team:
- Manage Parent Stock Farm
- Keep daily record of all farm activities
- Ensure that all farm attendants are efficient in their duties
- Must understand all parameters of measurement of success in Parent Stock Farm
- Must understand hatchery operations
- Ensure all cocks and hen attain desired sexual maturity with approved weight
- Must ensure that productivity of hen are 80% minimum
- Must ensure that fertility of eggs are 80% minimum
- Must ensure evenness of flock (Parent Stock and Commercial Broiler)
- Must ensure stocking density of birds is at standard at all ages of birds.
- Must maintain high level of biosecurity on farm
- Must have an understanding of Human Resource Management
- Control temperature of houses for ultimate bird comfort
- Conduct maintenance on the house and watering/heating system as needed
- Control house lighting to meet bird needs
- The ideal candidate must be honest, reliable and should be able to manage all aspect of the farm without supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal or Poultry Science, Veterinary science, Animal Production and Health Science or Animal Nutrition.
- Knowledge in Business Management, Finance, Agribusiness, Production, or related subject is a plus.
- Experience of 5+ years in a managerial position in a poultry farming company.
- Knowledgeable with the regulatory bodies regarding poultry farming and value addition.
- Effective people management skills
- Ability to carry out manual duties
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience in Poultry breeding and other Poultry stockmanship
- Knowledge of Nutrition and diet formulation
- Proficiency in food safety and quality assurance
- Knowledge of Environmental management
Application closing date: 14th February, 2020
Method of Application
Send CV to: email@example.com