Farm Extension Officer
TAGHINI FOODS an organization headquartered in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
We are into production of frozen foods and we work with other business organizations, foundations and governments to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception, we have designed enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to food in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Farm Extension Officer
Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Operation, the Extension Officer will visit farms and ensure that farmers comply with policies as drawn out by management, keep good account and report of activities on farm provide real-time information to line manager.
- The TAGHINI FOODS activity is a multi-million-naira project implemented by the owners of TAGHINI FOODS who are boards of directors in several other giant industries. Their investment in food production is in line with resonance of World Health Organisation (WHO), and Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) on Food for Africa Initiative.
- Our goal is to be the Africa’s largest food hub with focus on food production and general agribusiness. We intend to strengthen the environment by promoting food availability at the most affordable rate to all and sundry. Activities will encompass three broad but interrelated components. First, the Agribusiness Activity will improve and bring new innovation to the ease of doing business in the agricultural sector with emphasis on livestock, poultry and aquaculture; second, the Activity will expand access to food by producing at the most affordable rate; and third, the Activity will promote investment opportunities for agribusinesses to strengthen their readiness to expand and scale up their operations. Taken together, these efforts will increase the volume, added value, and diversification of agribusiness investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise on farmers activities
- Draw out programs activity for farmers
- Monitoring and evaluating farmers
- Coordinating cluster farmers
- Recommending necessary palliative during crisis
- Sc or HND in Agricultural Extension or Animal Husbandry. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- 5years experience in agricultural practice with multinational agricultural industry
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS TO firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 19, 2019